Trekking Laguna Esmeralda in winter
Hiking and adventure lovers… it’s this way!
An unforgettable hike to an amazing lagoon in the heart of the Fuegian forest. Available only in the winter months.
Take a walk through the unique routes of the End of the World!
Pick up by minibus from each passenger's accommodation. We begin the journey by land (20 kms) to the Tierra Mayor valley. From the refuge and after equipping ourselves with crampons or snowshoes we start the hike, during which we cross large valleys and enjoy unforgettable views of the Fuegian forest covered with snow, frozen streams and ancient forests of Lenga and Coihues.
The Esmeralda Lagoon is located in the heart of the Tierra del Fuego Natural and Landscape Reserve, its amazing color and its geographic location in the middle of the Fuegian mountain range invites us to contemplate the landscape and rest on its shores while we have lunch. Finally, we return to the refuge by a different route than the one we took on the way out. Afterwards, we return to the hotel.
- Departures: Daily departures from June to September. Pick up at hotel.
- Duration: Half day in the morning (5h approx)
- Includes: Box lunch / Crampons or snowshoes / trekking poles.
- Not included: Winter clothing. For this activity it is essential to have trekking shoes/snow boots and the appropriate coat for this time of the year.
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate
RECOMMENDATIONS: Coat (hat, gloves, waterproof and warm jacket). Waterproof snow/trekking shoes.